We're the Millers proved to be no match for Elysium.
Neil Blomkamp's follow up to District 9, which stars Matt Damon and Jodie Foster, seemed to meet analysts' expectations for the most part, pulling in a good amount considering it was one of four new movies debuting this weekend.
We're the Millers was one of those new films, falling behind Elysium at $26.6 million.
That was a surprise considering most analysts expected animated flick Planes to take the second spot in the box office.
Planes did follow We're the Millers with $22.5 million though, while Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters nabbed $14.6 million for the fourth spot.
Here's a complete look at the weekend's top movies, per Friday-Sunday studio estimates and stats as compiled per Box Office Mojo:
1. Elysium, $30.4 million
2. We're the Millers, $26.6 million
3. Planes, $22.5 million
4. Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters, $14.6 million
5. 2 Guns, $11.1 million
6. The Smurfs 2, $9.5 million
7. The Wolverine, $8 million
8. The Conjuring, $6.7 million
9. Despicable Me 2, $5.7 million
10. Grown Ups 2, $3.7 million