Tony Stark rules them all!
Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow's superhero flick Iron Man 3 is officially the highest-grossing movie of 2013. So just how much dough did the third installment in theIron Man franchise rake in?
Domestically, Iron Man 3, which hit theaters May 3, brought in just over $409 million at the box office (according to Digital Spy). And internationally, the flick raked in a whopping $806 million! That means that Iron Man 3 grossed $1.2 billion globally!
Here's what other movies made the top 20 list:Despicable Me 2 came in second on the list of highest-grossing films of 2013 with a staggering $918,573,535, followed by Fast & Furious 6 with $788,679,850 in profits.The Hunger Games: Catching Fire earned $771,484,011, Monsters University grossed $743,559,607 and Man of Steel banked $662,845,518, coming in sixth.
7. Gravity: $652,394,288
8. Thor: The Dark World: $627,858,622
9. The Croods: $587,204,668
10. World War Z: $540,007,876
11. Oz the Great and Powerful: $493,311,825
12. Star Trek Into Darkness: $467,365,246
13. The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug: $426,244,000
14. The Wolverine: $414,828,246
15. Pacific Rim: $407,602,906
16. GI Joe: Retaliation: $375,740,705
17. Frozen: $363,012,773
18. Now You See Me: $351,723,989
19. The Hangover Part III: $351,000,072
20. The Great Gatsby: $348,840,419
In other 2013 movie news, The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey was the years most pirated film, followed by Django Unchained and Fast & Furious 6.