Bad news for fans of Janelle Monáe and Paul McCartney.
Both artists have canceled their respective tours due to illness.
Monáe was set to take the stage at Melbourne's the Forum on Saturday, but abruptly called off the show following opening act Kimbra's performance even though the house was packed and the band was already set up. Just two days later, she canceled the second date on the Australian leg of her Golden Electric tour, which was expected to take place at the Sydney Opera House Concert Hall.
But according to a statement by Live Nation, the 28-year-old singer never made the trip to Sydney as she is required to remain under medical supervision in Melbourne.
"It is with great sadness that we bring you this news," a Live Nation rep said. "Ms Monáe has been required to remain in Melbourne under medical supervision to assess her recovery. Live Nation is working to secure a rescheduled performance date later this week, subject to the progress of Ms. Monáe's recovery."
While Monáe's camp has remained mum on her condition, Billboard reports that the "Tightrope" singer came down with a "sudden illness."
The hitmaker announced her five-city tour last month, and tickets are still available for Monáe's show Thursday at the Tivoli in Brisbane. Fans are encouraged to "retain their tickets" until a further announcement regarding the singer's condition has been made.
Meanwhile, Paul McCartney has also canceled the rest of his tour in Japan due to poor health.
He had previously scrapped two dates in Tokyo over the weekend, but his condition has not improved, and he is currently under "complete rest" in order to recover from a suspected virus.
In a statement, organizer Kyodo Tokyo said McCartney "will regrettably have to cancel the remaining Japanese shows. Paul is still not feeling better and this cancellation is unavoidable".
McCartney also issued a statement to fans: "Unfortunately my condition has not improved overnight. I was really hoping that I'd be feeling better today. I'm so disappointed and sorry to be letting my fans down."
The 71-year-old singer is expected to return to the stage on May 28 in Seoul, South Korea, and then he will bring his Outback tour to the United States, where he is scheduled to perform 19 shows.